Thursday, March 11, 2010

Peace like a river

Ahhhh..... it's amazing how much peace God has given to Shane and I about this whole new thing. Yes, it looks like we still might have to go twice, but it's not for sure yet. There's supposed to be a big meeting in ET in the next couple of days. Our dossier is still in the process of being translated and authenticated so we have not gotten a court date yet. They're looking into what happens if you already have a referral but just not a court date. But, it will be OK either way. I'm actually excited about the prospect of seeing the boys sooner and getting to know them better before we come back to bring them home. More opportunities to see ET. Going to Africa 3 times in a year (when I count my Kenya trip). I LOVE Africa!!!! So many things that would be good- just the little part about paying for a second trip to ET that would be interesting:). God has this all figured out. I'm not stressed out. I'm truly trusting Him, not just saying I'm trusting Him and then freaking out behind closed doors. This adoption is in His hands, just like it's been since the beginning. We've had such smooth sailing since we started, this would be our first bump in the road. It's a big bump, but it's not a giant mountain. It's not impossible to pass over. These boys are in our hearts- they are our sons already, even if it's not legally binding yet.
On a side note, Jonah is studying immigration in 2nd grade and they had to fill out a pretend immigration paper like they would've done at Ellis Island. They had to say which country they were from and he wanted to be from Ethiopia!! :) Love that my boys have a heart for Africa already too!! Please keep praying for this process, but especially for our boys to be wrapped in God's love through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment